Council meetings are held at the Village Office on the second and fourth Monday of every month.
Meetings begin at 7:00 PM and are open to the public. Delegations are welcome and can be arranged by following the procedure listed under Delegations to Council Meetings below.
How do citizens most often participate in Council's decisions?
You can participate in Council's decisions by:
- Making presentations at public hearings held to get public input into bylaws and other significant decisions such as rezoning and discretionary use applications.
- Making presentations at Council meetings in response to recommendations made by Administration for any kind of project or initiative.
- Sending written submissions to Council about reports or proposed bylaws.
- Writing to Council on issues of concern.
- Delegations to Council Meetings
Delegations to Council Meetings are welcome and encouraged. To ensure delegations are accommodated and the issues are addressed appropriately by Council, the following procedure is in place.
- A written request must be received by the Village Office by 12 noon the Thursday of the week prior to the meeting. Council will accept no more than two delegations per regular council meeting.
- The application must include the topic that the delegation will be addressing and the name of the key spokesperson.
- The application will include a written overview of the content of the presentation.
- The Village Office will notify you of your appointed date and time.
- Please note that, since all meetings of Council are public, your letter is considered a public document.